Things to do & see

Admission Opening hours
Adult 5,00 €
Discount ticket €3,50
Under 18 years Free admission
 

Museum:
1 June -31 Aug, Mon-Sun 11am-5pm
1 Sept.-31 May, Wed-Sun 11am-4pm
Exceptional opening hours
Office: mon-fri on request
Archive: Tuesdays 3pm-6pm (Closed 24 June - 21 July)

Contact information

Fiskars Museum
Peltorivi 13
FI-10470 Fiskars, Finland
Tel. +358 (0)45 1808111

Fiskars Museum Office
Peltorivi 26
FI-10470 Fiskars, Finland
info (at) fiskarsmuseum.fi

Pohja local history archive
Peltorivi 11
FI-10470 Fiskars
+358 (0)44 0500854
arkivet (at) fiskarsmuseum.fi

 

Exhibitions

Permanent exhibitions

Life at the Fiskars Ironworks

The museum building on Hammarbacken shows the lives of the Ironworkers from the 17th century to this day. The building from 1850´s originally functioned as an office to the machine workshop. Later it served as living quarters for several families and since 1949 as a museum. You will find the museum at the Upper Ironworks. The museum buildning was renovated in spring 2014 with the utmost respect for history. 

Open:
1 January - 31 May 11am-4pm (Closed 1 January, 19 April, 1 May, 30 May)
1 June - 31 August,  Mon-Sun 11am-5pm (Closed June 21-23.)
1 September - 31 December, Wed-Sun 11am-4pm (Closed  6 December, 24-26 December, )
Admission: Included in the museum admisson.

Upper Ironworks

The Fiskars Museum is located in the middle of the Upper Ironworks (Opp-i-bruke in the local variety), which used to be the centre of Fiskars's heavy industry. The exhibition shows how the workshops functioned in their golden age at the turn of the 20th century.

 

 

 

Open:
1 June - 31 August  Mon-Sun 11am-5pm (Closed 21-23 June )
Admission: Included in the museum admisson.

The Bakery

One of the Ironwork´s public baking and mangle houses is found in the Shed close to the museum main buildning. The Bakery was used during 19’th century until the 1960’s. Nowadays the bakery is used for museum educational programmes like baking workshops and time travels. 

 

 

Open:
1 June - 31 August,  Mon-Sun 11am-5pm (Closed 21-23 June)
Admission: Included in the museum admisson.

A Widow and a Bachelor

The exhibition in the attic of Slaggbyggnaden har been renewed in 2013. It presents the life at the Ironworks from Second World War to the 1970's. The two interiors of living quarters tells of life in the house in the 1940's. In the exhibition visitors can also put on a white jacket and become a merchant in a 1950's shop or dress up in the style of 1970's. We present the life of ironworkers from time of rationing until the plastic era.
 

Open:
1 June - 31 August,  Mon-Sun 11am-5pm (Closed 21-23 June )
Admission: Included in the museum admisson.